Tomorrow is Christmas Eve – I can’t believe how fast December flew by. Can you?
I am looking forward to some relaxing days with my little family and a bit of celebration. All in all it will be a bit quieter than the last years and I think I might enjoy that.
At Christmas we always watch a sketch from our favorite comedian Loriot who imagined the saying you see in the picture above. It translates to „In the past was more tinsel!“ , which grew to a familiar quotation in family. Although none of us really likes tinsel!
Today’s pattern is the little snowflake you can see next to my tinsel quote and was much easier created than i thought.
You can use any yarn with matching hook and get different colours and sizes (similar to the baubles of Sarah you can find at Day 13).
- Make a magic circle and work 6 double crochet in it – slip stitch in first double crochet to close the round
- chain 3 (counts as treble) or work a fake treble to make the beginning of each round almost impossible to see – chain 3 – [treble – chain 3] 5 times – slip stitch in 3 chain or top of fake treble to close the round
- chain 3 (counts as treble) – [work treble in middle chain of 3 chain of previous round – chain 2 – treble in same stitch as before – treble in next stitch] 5 times – treble in middle chain – chain 2 – treble in same stitch as before – slip stitch to close the round
- chain 4 (counts as double treble) or work s fake double treble – chain 4 – double crochet in 2 chain space – chain 4 – [double treble – chain 4 – double crochet in 2 chain space – chain 4] 5 times – slip stitch to close the round
- [chain 5 – starting in the second chain from hook work 4 slip stitches back down – slip stitch in each of the 4 chain – 3 chain picot (chain 3 and slip stitch in first chain) – slip stitch in each of the 4 chain – slip stitch in dtr at last repeat in base of first chain 5] 6 times
Have wonderful Christmas days and hopefully some wooly time too!
Lots of love from Katharina